In order to make the CK3000 work well with Android phones you will need to upgrade it to version 5.25c. You could do get this done by a professional, or you could buy a rather expensive official cable. I'm making the cable myself with the help of other people who made a similar one first.
First of all read the original post http://peter.holcroft.net/ck3000/
This is a simple application of the Max232 chip i have:
I also connected the required wire between pin 9 & 10 (not showing in this pic):
And now the software process. I used a laptop and a USB-to-serial adapter.
* Update process and symptoms:
- Select CK3000 Evolution.
- Select Serial update.
- Select 115200 baud.
- Wait for "XPRAM downloading". Progress bar should not move yet.
- If progress bar moves there may be something wrong.
- If it says something like "Cannot set baud rate" probably the wire between pin 9&10 is not ok.
- If it says something like "Cannot open port" disconnect the usb device, click back and next.
- Power on the parrot. After 1 to 5 seconds progress bar will start moving. It will take about 10 seconds to finish.
- If you get an error like "Cannot send data" there may be a bad cable.
- If the bar loops over and over something is wrong. Better try again.
The rest of the process is relatively fast except the "Flash programming" which takes more than one minute.
It can randomly stall or throw the "Cannot send data" error at any time. If it happens try again.